Announcements & Events
CMI Newsletter 1-2/2016 is now available on our website. Please click here to view directly.
Maritime lawyer Dr. Frank Wiswall receives 2015 International Maritime Prize, to read the article, click here. For more information, see Announcements.
For all information regarding the 42nd CMI International Conference held in New York City from 3 to 6 May 2016, please visit the Conference website www.cmi2016newyork.org
- Maritime lawyer Dr. Frank Wiswall receives 2015 International Maritime Prize. For more information, go to Announcements
- Article about the CMI published in the BIMCO Bulletin
- IMLI: CMI Former President, Patrick Griggs, receives the title of Doctor of International Maritime Law Honoris Causa
- Appointment of Vice-President Johanne Gauthier as Justice of the Federal Court of Appeal in Canada
- At the Graduation Ceremony on 5 May of the IMO International Maritime Law Institute (IMLI), the CMI was given an Award for its work towards the unification of maritime law
Documents of interest
- Report to the CMI on selected recent developments in European Union Maritime Law by Dr. Vincent J. G. Power
- Eulogy for Richard Shaw by Patrick Griggs CBE, 28 October 2013
- Speech in memorium of Emeritus Professor Anthony M. Antapassis by Giorgio Berlingieri, at the 8th International Conference of Maritime Law - Piraeus 10-12 October 2013
- Article by Karl Johan-Gombrii: CMI - Champion of the unification of maritime law
- "A new liability and compensation regime for Passenger Ships" by Patrick Griggs
- Appointment of Prof. Luis Cova Arria as President of Venezuelan's Academy of Political and Social Science
- Paper delivered by Patrick Griggs CBE at 100 Session of IMO legal Committee, 18 April 2013
- Paper delivered by Mans Jacobsson CBE at 100 Session of IMO legal Committee, 18 April 2013
- Promoting Maritime Treaty Ratification
- One Hundredth Session of the IMO Legal Committee
- Report by Polly Davis, Ince and Co: News from IOPC Fund Meetings 22-24 April 2013
The CMI holds a Conference every 3 – 4 years at which the work of International Working Groups and/or International Sub-Committees is debated and, if appropriate, concluded with a resolution at the plenary session at the end of the Conference.
In between the Conferences, Colloquia and Symposia are sometimes organised by National Maritime Law Association in conjunction with the CMI. In years when there is such a meeting, the annual Assembly of the CMI will be organised in conjunction therewith and otherwise as a separate event.
The Comite Maritime International (CMI) was formally established in 1897. It is a non-governmental not-for-profit international organisation established in Antwerp, the object of which is to contribute by all appropriate means and activities to the unification of maritime law in all its aspects.